The Spacemesh Social Causes program is fighting censorship!
In this drop challenge, we invite you to fight online censorship by monitoring blocked websites and apps worldwide. For this challenge, you will be using an open source, free software called OONI (The Open Observatory). Created by a technological nonprofit, OONI is a global community, measuring Internet censorship since 2012. To participate in the new drop for a chance to get special Spacemesh gifts, read the instructions below.
If you’d like to learn more about OONI, read this deck.
This drop challenge is now closed.
Install the OONI Probe mobile app.
Then choose one of the tests the app enables and perform it.
Generate “proof of testing” by manually accessing your test result (via the Test Results screen) and tapping the Show in OONI Explorer button, to get your published test result. Create a screen capture, and share it with us on the #fight_internet_censorship channel.
The screenshot you submit should look something like this (with the website you decided to test, not the example here):
All participants get a swag pack and a raffle ticket.
The raffle prizes are:
- First place: SanDisk 2TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD
- Second runner-up: SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD
- Third runner-up: SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable SSD
Rules and Guidelines
- You can only participate once with one screenshot.
- Participation is open until Monday March 28th at 23:59 PM UTC.
- The raffle will be held on Tuesday March 29th at 14:00 UTC, live on Zoom.
- Participation in the Drops Challenges is subject to the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions, comments, or just want to share your work with the community, be sure to join us on Discord.