Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency that is permissionless, trustless, secure, and race-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed as open-source software and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of our motivation, vision, scope, and values please watch this whiteboard video with our chief scientist, cryptography professor Tal Moran. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please see the resources available here.
If you want to work on a layer one project, and be at the forefront of the next major tech disruption – decentralized programmable money – apply to join us.
We are looking for an exceptional applied cryptography researcher to join our growing research team.
You will be able to enjoy:
- A flat and fully remote structure, with team members in The United States, Italy, Ukraine, Israel, Germany, India, Taiwan, and more.
- Open source exposure
- flexible hours
- regular research and developers sync-up
- Full responsibility for the quality and delivery of major platform components
- A chance to work closely with the Spacemesh world-class researches Tal Moran and Iddo Bentov
- Working closely with the open-source community
- A tokens package and a competitive salary
- Evaluate the security and implementation correctness of open source crypto software components and libraries.
- Provide concrete recommendations for improving the security, implementation correctness, and quality of these components.
- Coordinate and incorporate feedback on tasks from other members of the Spacemesh research team.
- Communicate protocol specification to the dev team and assist developing software requirements for implementation.
- Review the group arithmetic functions of a specific crypto library for implementation correctness of the theoretical constructs and operations, and recommend additional test cases to improve the library’s quality.
- Review the implementation correctness and the security of a new key derivation algorithm for creating elliptic curve signature key pairs from a random seed algorithm, based on published research.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent advanced math skills.
- Advanced degree in applied cryptography.
- Good familiarity with the latest academic research applicable to blockchain security and cryptography.
- Good knowledge of modern crypto primitives.
- Good understanding of elliptic curve based cryptography, in particular, signature schemes.
- Good knowledge of modern elliptic curve signature theory.
- Skillful in python (for prototyping or communicate spec in pseudo code).
- Comfortable reading C/C++, Go and Rust code
Think you are a good fit and excited to hear more? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Spacemesh Technology
- Spacemesh protocol developer documentation
- go-spacemesh - full node implementation in Go
- Spacemesh improvement proposals (SMIPS)