Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency which is permissionless, trustless, secure and race-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed as a full open source project and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world as a commons under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of the project’s motivation, vision, scope, and values please read the blog posts on our website. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please experience the resources available here.
Join us at the forefront of the next major tech disruption - programmable Internet money via decentralized consensus on computations.
We work in a flat, open organization where each team member is responsible to his or her peers for the quality and the delivery of major platform components, participates as an equal in all software design discussions and works closely with the Spacemesh researches and the open source community.
We are looking for an exceptional applied cryptography researcher to join our growing research team.
We are a distributed team with offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. This position is open to remote candidates and for a full-time or part-time commitment.
- Evaluate the security and implementation correctness of open source crypto software components and libraries.
- Provide concrete recommendations for improving the security, implementation correctness and quality of these components.
- Coordinate and incorporate feedback on tasks from other members of the Spacemesh research team.
- Review the group arithmetic functions of a specific crypto library for implementation correctness of the theoretical constructs and operations, and recommend additional test cases to improve the library’s quality.
- Review the implementation correctness and the security of a new key derivation algorithm for creating elliptic curve signature key pairs from a random seed algorithm, based on published research.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent advanced math skills
- Advanced degree in applied cryptography
- Good familiarity with the latest academic research applicable to blockchain security and cryptography
- Good knowledge of modern crypto primitives
- Good understanding of elliptic curve based cryptography, in particular, signature schemes
- Good knowledge of modern elliptic curve signature theory
- Skillful in reading C/C++, Rust and Go code
Interested to learn more? We’d love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org