Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency which is permissionless, trustless, secure and race-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed as a full open source project and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world as a commons under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of the project’s motivation, vision, scope, and values please read the blog posts on our website. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please experience the resources available here.
Join us at the forefront of the next major tech disruption - programmable Internet money via decentralized consensus on computations.
We work in a flat, open organization where each team member is responsible to his or her peers for the quality and the delivery of major platform components, participates as an equal in all software design discussions, and works closely with both the Spacemesh research team and the open source community.
We are looking for an exceptional full-time senior developer to join the Spacemesh core dev team in order to lead Spacemesh programmability efforts. Spacemesh programmability includes SVM: a distributed virtual machine for executing WASM-based smart contracts, a developers' toolchain for writing, debugging, compiling, deploying, and updating smart contracts written a high-level language to a subset of WASM.
This is a full-time remote / WFH position in a fully remote team.
- Work closely with other core developers on the team and with our world-class research team on the design of the Spacemesh protocol.
- Work on Spacemesh’s WASM-based smart-contracts execution engine.
- Research modern smart contracts languages and drive the decisions on the Spacemesh high-level smart contracts programming language.
- Drive the development of a robust devs toolchain for common Spacemesh smart contract dev workflows such as designing, debugging, testing, updating, and deploying contacts.
- Design standard interfaces to enable good smart contracts composability patterns.
- Good theoretical knowledge of modern compilers, interpreters, debuggers, and systems programming.
- Strong Rust and WASM development skills.
- Past work experience building compilers, linters, or interpreters.
- Great spoken and written English communication skills.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn complex new technologies and ideas.
Nice to haves
- An advanced degree (M.S.c or P.H.d) with a focus on compilers or dev tools.
- Good familiarity with modern smart contracts languages such as Solidity, smart contracts workflows with toolchains such as Hard-hat or Truffle.
- Some experience working on developers' products such as toolchains, compilers, debuggers, or IDEs.
- Familiarity with blockchain tech and applied cryptography.
- Prior contributions to an open-source project.
We offer competitive startup compensation based on skills and experience.
Think you are a good fit and excited to hear more? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please only apply if you have all the must-haves detailed in this position.