Spacemesh is a fairly-mined cryptocurrency that is permissionless, trustless, and secure. Spacemesh is built and distributed as open-source software and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of our motivation, vision, scope, and values, please watch this whiteboard video with our chief scientist, cryptography professor Tal Moran. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please see the resources available here.
If you are a skilled technical writer with experience in software development and passionate about breaking down complex technical topics into easy-to-understand English, we’d love for you to join our team. As a tech writer at Spacemesh, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of documentation and work closely with our development and research teams to create high-quality, informative documentation for our open-source software.
You will enjoy:
- A flat and fully remote structure, with team members in the United States, Ukraine, Israel, Germany, Taiwan, Mexico, Poland, and other locations.
- Asynchronous work style as you coordinate with our global team.
- Flexible hours.
- Working closely with the broader open-source and blockchain communities.
- A tokens package and a competitive salary.
- Own the documentation project for the Spacemesh cryptocurrency and its infrastructure.
- Work closely with the development and research teams to understand complex technical concepts and produce clear and concise documentation.
- Create technical guides, API documentation, and other written materials to support Spacemesh software components and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other writers and developers to maintain consistent documentation standards and improve the quality of all written materials.
- 3+ years of prior work experience in software development.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Prior experience writing technical documentation for open-source software; a portfolio of technical articles, talks, videos, and/or documentation you’ve written/produced/presented previously.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering tools and best practices including Git/GitHub, CI/CD, cloud computing, etc.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and applied cryptography.
- Experience working with distributed systems or P2P networks.
- Experience with community management.
- Degree in English, communications, computer science, engineering, or another relevant field.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
Think you are a good fit and excited to hear more? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.