Spacemesh OS is a blockmesh operating system designed to create a fair and open programmable cryptocurrency. To get a full sense of the project nature, scope and team please read the stories on our site and explore our github repos. Spacemesh is built and distributed as full open source project and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world as a commons under the permissive MIT software license.
We are looking for an exceptional full-time senior developer to own the Spacemesh OS programmbiality domain and to join the Spacemesh TLV-based core dev team. Spacemesh programability includes the Spacemesh VM - a distributed virtual machine for executing blockmesh smart contracts, a developers toolchain for writing, debugging, compiling, deploying and updating smart contracts, a runtime standard smart contracts library and a high-level smart contracts language.
Spacemesh programs can be written in any language that supports binding to the Spacemesh standard library and compilation to a well-defined subset of Web Assembly (WASM) but we aim to Rust as the first fully supported language. The Spacemesh VM will execute a subset of valid WASM code in a distributed blockmesh execution environment. We are also looking into formal verifiable dialects as part of the developer workflow and toolchain. This job involves 50% hands-on coding and testing, 25% design and architecture, and 25% open source dev community activities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and a great developers-first work environment. We work in a flat, open organization where each team member is responsible for major OS components to his peers, participates as an equal in all core OS design decisions and works closely with the open source dev community.
Join us to innovate in the forefront of the next major tech disruption - programmable Internet money via decentralized consensus on computations.
Skills & Experience
- Assembly languages and security
- Compilers, linters and interpreters architecture
- Computer languages specifications and syntax validation
- Assembly code injection and inspection
- Development toolchains and utilities
- Knowledge of Rust, Golang and Wasm is a bonus
- Formal verification
- Design the Spacemesh VM, runtime standard library and the dev toolchain
- Speciffy the Spacemesh WASM dialect
- Implement the first version of the dev toolchain and the VM and ship it on a tight be reasonable schedule
- Integrate the VM with other Spacemesh OS core components and services
- Become a full member of the Spacemesh core dev team and participate in OS design decisions, API specifications process and our SMIP based development process
- Code review and manage open source contributions
Interested to learn more? We'd love to hear from you! Please email email@example.com