Create a fair cryptocurrency designed to become a global means of payment and a fair global infrastructure for tokenized apps, economies and communities.
Our Core Values
The Spacemesh community is committed to collaboration in striving for the optimal balance between: Fairness to little guy, Security , Distribution, Scalability, Innovation, Unity (measures to mitigate hard forks), Inclusiveness and tolerance.
- Create the lowest barrier to entry for participation and always fair to the little guy at home
- Use of a homogenous and a highly distributed global resource to ensure high-degree of distribution and decentralization
- Committed to fairest possible transaction fees and subsidy policy to support some free transactions
- Be attractive to app/economies developers by focusing on scalability, security, programmability and low tx fees
- Build robust smart contracts and custom tokens capabilities, potentially with eth smart contracts bytecode compatibility
Coin Distribution Plan
- Set coin distribution plan and validator awards so super majority of coin is distributed via validators. No public ICO.
- No capped coin supply so new validators can always join the network and participate in rewards
- Set high inflation rate in first few years to make it attractive for validators to adopt us over other competing blockchains
- Have governance over the foundation by validators and users. Foundation members election and proposals veto on-chain by supermajority of POST+stake.
- Foundation maintains official network code repo and appoints core dev team.
- Explore means to auto-update node releases with opt-out
- Foundation empowered with coin and can only spend coin to further build the tech, economy and community.
Core Use Cases
- Create the platform to make Spacemesh coin the trusted global means of payment, with a high degree of coin and network distribution and low-to-none users transaction fees.
- Create an open, general-purpose infrastructure For Technologists, Economists and Community Developers to collaborate in forming different ‘economunity’ tokens, governance models, policies and bylaws.