Monthly updates are nice for major project related activities but weekly updates are even nicer to get you up to speed on all things Spacemesh.
We are going to keep sending semi-monthly major project updates to our subscribers (you can subscribe from the bottom of this page), but for the full story check out our weekly updates on this page permanent url, or on the proofofwork.news site and weekly newsletter.
Update #2 - Week 1 - September 2018
- Dev and research teams update: work in progress on tasks mentioned in last week's update
- Published protocol stack - a series of personal blog posts from developers about interesting technical challenges involved in their work on the Spacemesh protocol
- Published a new welcome to Spacemesh video to explain some of the project’s core ideas and concepts https://spacemesh.io/
- Hosted a “blockchain reality check” panel in SpacemeshTLV rooftop with great panelists including @hosseeb, @heatherharde ,@cryptomanran, @tomerafek and @yaronsamid MCing
- Announced new funding and partnerships with Metastable, Polychain, Coinbase, 1kx, Dekrypt, Slow Ventures and others. See: https://spacemesh.io/funding/
- Talked about fair protocols beyond POW and PoStake at https://www.dezentral.io/ in Berlin and @avive from the team participated in the Beyond Ethereum panel
Update #1 - Week 4 - August 2018
- Our dev and research teams are working on the Gossip p2p protocol and the Tortoise & Hare consensus algorithms. This is a multi-week ongoing effort as these tasks are at the heart of the Spacemesh protocol
- 2 new full-time developers have joined our growing core dev team. We are actively hiring strong crypto developers who make quality contributions to one of our open source projects
- We published a draft requirements and design for the Spacemesh public proof of elapsed time (POET) service. We fully work in the open on this (and all other projects) so you are welcome to join and participate in the api design phase
- Some good product and UX work on the Spacemesh Wallet and Dashboard App. We have finalized the requirements and the initial user experience and posted everything to the repo
- We reached the alpha milestone for Spacemesh Cosmic - our open source seed project for building hyper-universal apps (desktop/mobile native/web). You can use Cosmic to build your own universal apps. We are using Cosmic ourselves as the base app scaffolding for the Spacemesh App. We also tipped major contributors for their voluntary work on this project using gitcoin bounties
- Next week... we are speaking about race-free and asic-resistant consensus in dezentral.ion . Come see us if you are coming to Blockchain week Berlin!