Monthly updates are nice for major project related activities but weekly updates are even nicer to get you up to speed on all things Spacemesh.
We are going to keep sending semi-monthly major project updates to our subscribers (you can subscribe from the bottom of this page), but for the full story check out our weekly updates on this page permanent url, or on the proofofwork.news site and weekly newsletter.
Update #4 - Week 3 - October 2018
- Merged PR: listening port is now sent in handshake
- Gossip is in testing phase in branch p2p-gossip
- Published gossip protocol design doc
- Testing RPC api functionality in the TLV hackathon branch
- Work in progress on the core proofs of elapsed time (POET) server go implementation by open source contributors
- Code completed and heavily testing new black-box POET prover and verifier GO implementation based on the shared spec
- Work started on the POET protocol spec implementation. Spec draft updated with more details
- Work started on many Spacemesh App feature tasks by open source contributors. Join us here
- Gitcoin funded several dev tasks to tip open source contributors with cryptocurrency
- Extensive work on the DEVNET, that could test system scenarios on our decentralized network is gaining momentum. This week we managed to create some basic scenarios that included interaction between several P2P nodes. PR #42 merged plus 8 additional merged PRs
- Hosted @rzurrer from Polychain capital for a nice Cryptoeconomics fireside chat with @tomerafek in Spacemesh TLV HQ
- Announced the first Spacemesh NYC meetup - join us downtown next Thursday. RSVP for free
- Published Tal Moran CESC 2018 Spacemesh protocol slides
- We are hiring full time core developers in New York City!
- Hosted the Liberthon TLV hackahton prep meeting at Spacemesh TLV hq
Update #3 - Week 1 and 2 - October 2018
- Tal Moran, presented the Spacemesh Protocol in #cesc2018. Video is coming soon. In the meantime check out these nice live notes from @Haseeb
- Tomer Afek, Spacemesh co-founder spoke about Blockchain Fairness in SF Blockchain Week and Iddo Bentov presented Spacemesh in the tech track
Core dev team go-spacemesh project updates:
- On-going dev work at full steam ahead on p2p and the consensus protocol
- Set requirements for the Transaction processor and Account DB - two components that are representing the node's internal view of the mesh
- Set requirements for the mesh sync protocol that will allow a node to get the current mesh state for which a consensus can be proved
- Fixed a bug in the connection cache where in case two node's tried to simultaneously connect to each other they ended up with both connections getting closed
- Fixed a bug in the secured session where due to the nature of the crypto package that we are using, the decryption of messages that got encrypted and sent on the wire in different order failed.
- Made the listening port configurable and allowing nodes to discover other node's listening port using dht's discovery protocol
- The Spacemesh devnet cloud testing environment is getting into shape currently it supports spawning full nodes with agents that poll commands from the automation server that sets off node's api calls. Soon it will support testing bootstrap scenarios
Join our upcoming Tel Aviv Hackathon - Hack the future of nations The first hackathon for reinventing the way countries work using P2P decentralized technologies
We are hiring full time blockchain developers in New York and in Tel Aviv! New positions here
Proofs of Elapsed Time (POET) MVP spec published and reviewed by our research team and dev work started by open source collaborators. We are actively looking for additional open source contributors for this project
Product work completed for the first version of the Spacemesh Wallet including detailed use cases and UX. Dev work started by open source developers. Join gitter our dev talk here. Good progress with contributors breaking down spec to good github dev tasks.
We are proud to be able to tip open source contributors with cryptocurrency via Gitcoin and to appear at a nice spot among great other blockchain projects on this leaderboard. Watch this space for additional bounties
Update #2 - Week 1 - September 2018
- Dev and research teams update: work in progress on tasks mentioned in last week's update
- Published protocol stack - a series of personal blog posts from developers about interesting technical challenges involved in their work on the Spacemesh protocol
- Published a new welcome to Spacemesh video to explain some of the project’s core ideas and concepts https://spacemesh.io/
- Hosted a “blockchain reality check” panel in SpacemeshTLV rooftop with great panelists including @hosseeb, @heatherharde ,@cryptomanran, @tomerafek and @yaronsamid MCing
- Announced new funding and partnerships with Metastable, Polychain, Coinbase, 1kx, Dekrypt, Slow Ventures and others. See: https://spacemesh.io/funding/
- Talked about fair protocols beyond POW and PoStake at https://www.dezentral.io/ in Berlin and @avive from the team participated in the Beyond Ethereum panel
Update #1 - Week 4 - August 2018
- Our dev and research teams are working on the Gossip p2p protocol and the Tortoise & Hare consensus algorithms. This is a multi-week ongoing effort as these tasks are at the heart of the Spacemesh protocol
- 2 new full-time developers have joined our growing core dev team. We are actively hiring strong crypto developers who make quality contributions to one of our open source projects
- We published a draft requirements and design for the Spacemesh public proof of elapsed time (POET) service. We fully work in the open on this (and all other projects) so you are welcome to join and participate in the api design phase
- Some good product and UX work on the Spacemesh Wallet and Dashboard App. We have finalized the requirements and the initial user experience and posted everything to the repo
- We reached the alpha milestone for Spacemesh Cosmic - our open source seed project for building hyper-universal apps (desktop/mobile native/web). You can use Cosmic to build your own universal apps. We are using Cosmic ourselves as the base app scaffolding for the Spacemesh App. We also tipped major contributors for their voluntary work on this project using gitcoin bounties
- Next week... we are speaking about race-free and asic-resistant consensus in dezentral.ion . Come see us if you are coming to Blockchain week Berlin!